VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol, is a method for taking analog audio signals, like the kind you hear when you talk on the phone, and turning them into digital data that can be transmitted over the Internet. VoIP is a revolutionary technology that has the potential to completely rework the world's phone systems.
How VoIP Works
VoIP services convert your voice into a digital signal that travels over the Internet. If you are calling a regular phone number, the signal is converted to a regular telephone signal before it reaches the destination. VoIP can allow you to make a call directly from a computer, a special VoIP phone, or a traditional phone connected to a special adapter. In addition, wireless "hot spots" in locations such as airports, parks, and cafes allow you to connect to the Internet and may enable you to use VoIP service wirelessly.
- Saving Money - The cost of using a VoIP telephone is much cheaper than using a conventional phone. Making long distance phone calls are also cheaper when using a VoIP provider.
- Portability - The convenience and comfort provided by a VoIP telephone system is available all over the world. Using any broadband connection, you can log in to your VoIP telephone, and you will get a dial tone. Regardless of where you are, if you have Internet access, there should not be any problems in terms of costs and connections. VoIP systems are also accessible via email or while you are traveling. Simply take your headset or IP phone, and you can contact staff or clients with a low cost call.
- Multi-Functional - Aside from making phone calls, you can also conduct video conference calling through your VoIP phone. This allows you to stay in touch with your co-workers and clients to discuss important deals, affairs, meetings, files, documents, agendas, no matter where you are. Even while you are abroad attending to meetings, you still have the capacity to attend other important meetings in the home office without having to worry about being physically present.
- Phone Solution (VoIP) - HyperGen provides a fully managed solution either on premise or cloud based solutions for all of your communication needs. Our platform brings all of the advanced features of the enterprise to your small business without the complexity and costs associated with traditional phone systems.
- Flexibility - With a VoIP system, you can still use your conventional phone and a VoIP converter or VoIP telephone adapter. A VoIP converter looks like a USB memory stick, which you can easily plug onto any computer. A VoIP converter will sense signals that are emanating from traditional or analog phones, and such signals will be converted to digital data that can be routed over the Internet. A computer must be turned on for the service to work. A VoIP system will also allow you to acquire your own VoIP number, so no matter where you are traveling to, just as long as you have a high speed Internet connection, you are capable of receiving phone calls to your same number.